FAST TRACK FELLOWSHIP
FAST TRACK FELLOWSHIP
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!!
>> CLICK HERE TO APPLY <<
APPLICATIONS CLOSE THURSDAY 30TH NOVEMBER
WHAT IS THE FAST TRACK FELLOWSHIP?
The Fast Track Fellowship is a unique program that supports small to medium sized independent Victorian record labels to build international connections.
The program will embed two mid-level independent label employees/owners within high-functioning global music companies for two months between January 2018 and May 2018.
The Fast Track Fellowship is a key initiative of the Victorian Government's Music Passport program, designed to strengthen the global reach, profile and capability of Victoria's music industry. It's delivered by Association of Artist Managers (AAM) and the Independent Record Label Association (AIR) in partnership with Creative Victoria.
Applications Open – THURSDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2017 (9AM AEST)
Applications Close – THURSDAY 30TH NOVEMBER 2017 (MIDNIGHT AEST)
Finalists Selected – 1ST to 8TH DECEMBER 2017
Successful Recipients Notified – BY FRIDAY 17TH DECEMBER 2017
Fellowship Activities can be undertaken between JANUARY 2018 – MAY 2018
Applicant to provide comprehensive acquittal report by 30TH JUNE 2018
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS FUNDING?
The two label employees/owner recipients must:
- Be an employee or owner of a mid-level Victorian based independent label which has been trading for a minimum of two years (priority given to those that demonstrate that they have worked with Victorian based artists)
- Be a member of a key industry organization such as AIR, AAM, AMPAL, Music Victoria, etc.
Note: If that you are selected you must:
- Be able to work on your own projects during the internship for a minimum of 20% of business hours during a working week providing there is no conflict of interest with the host organization
- Provide ongoing communication with Victorian industry whilst undertaking the fellowship
- Provide examples of how you can provide educational opportunities, post trip, to support broader dissemination of your experience and knowledge to the Victorian industry
- Be professional at all times and must not damage the reputation of the program
- Provide AIR with a comprehensive acquittal of your activities. The acquittal is due 4 weeks from the completion date of the activities. You are required to acquit against your original application.
Note: Failure to submit an acquittal, or submission of an unsatisfactory report will render you ineligible to apply for further funding, and in instances where an acquittal shows that funding has not been used for the purpose specified in the original application, AIR will seek the return of funds.
THE TWO HOST ORGANISATIONS WILL
- Be high functioning global music management and/or music service delivery companies
- Commit to host the recipient for the two months
- Commit to provide professional networking opportunities
- Provide desk and office space (including costs of power, internet, office consumables) for two months
- Integrate the participant into their workplace activities for a minimum of 38 hours a week and allow the participant to spend at least 20% of their time on their existing business activities
- Understand their responsibilities and commit to expected outcomes
AIR will cover return economy flights, visas and insurance.
Successful recipients will also receive $16,000 AUD to cover the following: all accommodation, on the ground transport, per diems, registration fees for professional industry events whilst in market and any other costs.
Successful applicants must return a signed funding agreement and supply a tax invoice for $16,000 (plus GST if registered for GST) before payment of the fellowships can be made. Payment will be made in full prior to the commencement of Fellowship activity.
Restrictions on the use of the funding include:
- Organisations and small businesses can only have one recipient each round from any Fast Track Fellowship program.
- Applications cannot be made to both AIR and AAM by the same applicant
- Recipients are not eligible for any other Creative Victoria grants to support this project
- Funds may only be expended within the stipulated activity timeline
- If eligible (as above) the applicant must complete the application form by the due date. The application must address the eligibility criteria and support material must be provided as required.
- An independent industry-based advisory panel of AIR representatives will undertake all application assessments.
- All decisions are final and will be ratified with Creative Victoria prior to offer
You will need to provide the following information in your application:
- Full contact and organisation details and ABN including details of membership of key industry organisation
- Next of kin and passport information for candidate being put forward by the organisation for the Fast Track Fellowship internship.
- Business biography/summary (no longer than 2-3 A4 pages) – refer to AIR Summary as an example of what is required - Click here to view AIR Summary
- Rationale identifying 3 specific outcomes to be achieved as a result of internship together with timeline for achievement including how to maximise the opportunity in that market before, during and after the placement
- Applicant is to identify 3 potential host companies/cities/countries and state reasons why the market they intend to be based in is beneficial to their business development.
Applications will open on 23 November 2017 and close at midnight ADST Thursday 30 November 2017.
For all Fast Track Fellowship enquiries or questions, please contact Kelly Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)