Kobalt Label Services
Global Strategy for Artists and Labels
Launched as part of Kobalt Music Group at the beginning of 2012, Kobalt Label Services (KLS) offers artists and other recording rights owners the same level of creative and professional service, transparency and international representation as Kobalt offers via its Publishing services. The KLS model is a service provider model whereby artists and rights owners retain ownership of their masters, and KLS provides label services in return for a share of revenues.
KLS also owns AWAL, one of the world’s leading digital marketing and distribution companies, offering a best-in-class digital solution for emerging artists to international labels. AWAL has been the trusted partner for more than 6,000 artists and labels, including the following: Arctic Monkeys, Editors, Radiohead, Beck, Moby, Frank Turner, Flight Facilities, Orbital and Passenger.
Kobalt has built a global infrastructure for distribution (both digital and physical), campaign coordination, marketing and royalty reporting. Our clients plug into this infrastructure, providing them with a level of professional expertise and access to global sales and marketing channels that was previously only available within the major label system.
KLS services include:
- Worldwide digital distribution to more than 300 digital stores and services (from iTunes to Amazon, Spotify to Beatport, eMusic to Shazam, Rdio to Deezer), via our AWAL Digital platform.
- Fast turnaround from content upload to delivery to the stores (AWAL is a “preferred supplier” to iTunes which means that deliveries are made live in iTunes almost instantly).
- Potential to obtain store promotions, editorial coverage and high profile placement in the digital stores for AWAL releases. This is done via our global retail sales team who work with all our digital retail partners.
- Access to Buzzdeck data analytics which provide professional and comprehensive real time data analytics, including sales, streams, radio plays and social media stats, to help guide marketing decisions and provide instant market feedback.
- Premium customer support.
- Physical distribution and retail sales in the major territories in partnership with local distributors.
- Campaign co-ordination and project management from KLS product managers.
- Social media marketing and digital advertising campaigns managed by our experienced in-house digital marketing team.
- Label management services.
- Production of assets and manufacturing of physical product.
- D2C project management for e-commerce direct to fans.
The Kobalt Label Services team has decades of experience across every aspect of releasing records, from digital distribution and social media marketing to physical distribution and traditional marketing, from D2C e-commerce to brand partnerships. KLS also benefits from Kobalt’s international scale and its established expertise in data management and transparent royalty reporting.
Kobalt Label Services’ first international album release, “Push The Sky Away” by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, recently debuted at number one in seven countries and top four in thirteen other countries. Other KLS projects include the forthcoming albums by Pet Shop Boys, Travis and the debut album “Comfort” from Maya Jane Coles.