Jan 30, 2018
INDIE WEEK 2018: CONFERENCE FOR INDEPENDENT LABELS IN NYC – CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
AIR, SOUNDS AUSTRALIA and PPCA are now seeking expressions of interest from Australian independent labels to take part in an Australian delegation to attend Indie Week 2018, an independent label focused conference hosted by A2IM (American Association of Independent Music) from June 18-21 at The Clemente in New York City (107 Suffolk St, New York, NY)
Indie Week is a member-only conference for record labels and service providers with a strong focus on the exploitation of master recordings, licensing, networking and digital. In 2017, 880 registrants from 14 countries, including 90 foreign delegates attended Indie Week, bringing the global independent community together.
AIR & SOUNDS AUSTRALIA have led Australian delegations to Indie Week since 2013 and we have again been extended an invitation to lead an Australian delegation to Indie Week in 2018.
Our good friends at SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will be covering registration costs.
SOUNDS AUSTRALIA will also cover the registration cost for approved Indie Week attendees who also wish to attend SYNC SUMMIT, taking place on Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd June in NYC. See details about the event here.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST DUE DATE: 5PM FRIDAY 16TH FEBRUARY, 2018
Due to limited capacity, we ask all interested parties to show an expression of interest by filling out this survey BY 5PM FRIDAY 16TH FEBRUARY 2018 – it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to complete.
Event sessions for Indie Week 2018 are still to be confirmed but to give you an idea, Indie Week 2017 featured:
- 800+ music executives, including a huge representation of U.S. labels
- Delegations of labels from over 14 countries, including Australia, UK, Germany, Canada and many more.
- The 2017 American Independent Music Awards – “The Libera Awards” - the largest to date with 1,000 guests and 20 awards given.
- Extensive executive one-on-one networking on sync licensing, marketing and digital revenue, music supervision for TV, film and advertising.
- Panels on Distribution, Data Analysis, Publishing & Labels, New & Upcoming Technologies, Sync, Radio, VR & AR, Branding, Playlisting, etc
- Workshops from Apple Music and iTunes Connect, BuzzAngle, Hyperwallet, ONErpm, PledgeMusic, Spotify and CI
- Keynote speeches from Tim Westergren (Co-founder and CEO of Pandora), Susa Butler (Executive Editor & Publisher of Music Confidential) and Michael J. Huppe (President and CEO of SoundExchange)
- Indie Week 2018 will be held in New York City from Mon 18th to Thurs 21st June 2018
- Sync Summit will be held in New York City from Friday 22nd – Saturday 23rd June 2018
- SOUNDS AUSTRALIA’S sponsorship will cover conference registration for both events, a ticket to The Libera Awards, as well as participation in panel discussions and one-on-one networking sessions.
- Australian attendees are responsible for booking and funding all flights, transfers and accommodation themselves.
- To apply a label must be a member of AIR
- Due to limited capacity and the small number of invitations, all attending Australian labels must have a catalogue of at least five albums and represent the music of at least three artists. It is expected that they are digitally pro-active and are doing business internationally.
Australian companies that have previously participated at A2IM Indie Week include; Barely Dressed Records, Bedroom Sucks Records, Cooking Vinyl Australia, Future Classic, Hillsong Music, Liberation, Onelove Music Group, Remote Control, Spinning Top, Spirit Level, Sweat It Out Music, The Groove Merchants, Unified and Xelon Entertainment.
For more information please contact Maria Amato at AIR.